Job Description: Class C Driver
We are looking for skilled Drivers that have the ability to function well as part of a team. You must have very effective organizational and communication skills to service our clientele efficiently. The primary responsibility of the Driver is to help meet the equipment needs of customers by delivering and picking up products in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
- Must hold a valid California Driver's License
- Must have a driving record in Good Standing. To be in Good Standing Driver must present a current DMV printout report with none of the violations below:
- Any major violations (DWI, homicide, reckless driving, drugs, leaving the scene) within the last three years.
- Two or more other moving violations and one at fault accident in the last three years.
- Three or more other moving violations in the last three years.
- Two or more at fault accidents in the last three years with no moving violations.
- Positive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional appearance
- Ability to read maps efficiently
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers
- An ability to function well as part of a team
- Diligent attention to detail
- Diligent attention to safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely transport products to customer locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner
- Maintain driver logs and complete pre-trip inspections
- Follow all company's Operational Procedures and QC Standards
- Adhere to all safety requirements particular to the equipment, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Maintain the service and appearance of truck
- Follow delivery/pickup instructions from Dispatcher and/or Counter Personnel
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Shipping Manager
Education, Experience and Required Skills, Including Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver's license Class (C)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequent holding and grasping with the hands when loading and unloading equipment and tying and chaining down equipment
- Frequent use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal/s on equipment and trucks
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting up to 90 lbs.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas and/or fumes
Please submit resume to: Careers@Sadaf.com