Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 cup Sadaf bulgur #3 (largest variety) (Item # 29-4037)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 Shallot minced
- 1 ½ cup broth (either chicken or vegetable)
- 1 tsp cumin (Item # 08-1180)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (Item # 30-5030)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (Item # 25-2532)
- 1/4 cup Sadaf Zereshk (Item # 13-0112)
- 1 tsp Sadaf Honey (Item # 33-5440)
- 1/4 cup shelled, roasted, and salted pistachios
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans (canned) (Item # 30-3134)
- Pink Salt and Peppercorns to taste (Item # 17-1727 Item # 17-1731)
- 1 large bulb black garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder) (Item # 13-0922)
- 1 tbs Sadaf pomegranate molasses (Item # 34-5666)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil (Item # 40-6020)
- ½ tsp salt (Item # 17-1727)
- Take the Barberries and soak them in cold water for 10 minutes, drain in a sieve, rinse and set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons of Grapeseed oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the Barberries and 1 teaspoon sugar and stir fry for 20 seconds (the Barberries can burn easily; be careful).
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in Saucepan, and add shallots. Saute until translucent. Add the Bulgur wheat and incorporate with the shallots.
- Add the tomato paste, Cumin, about 1/2 tsp Pink Salt and broth, and bring up the heat so the mixture could boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and cover, cooking for 20 minutes or according to package directions (finer bulgur wheat requires less time to cook).
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing. In a small food processor, add Black Garlic along with the pomegranate concentrate and olive oil. Whirl together until garlic is incorporated.
- Once the Bulgur is cooked, let cool until lukewarm temperature.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the Bulgur (from the pomegranate seeds to the garbanzo beans).
- Drizzle the Pomegranate concentrate dressing over the Bulgur and toss gently to combine.
- Take the soaked Barberries and combine with the Honey. Then incorporate into the Salad.
- Season with Pink Salt and Pepper to taste.