Recipe for Khoresh Gheimeh with Sadaf Ingredients (Serves 6)
Khoresh Gheimeh is a traditional Persian stew made with yellow split peas and meat, typically lamb or beef, as well as tomato paste, onions, and various spices such as turmeric, dried Persian limes, and sometimes potatoes. It is usually served with steamed white rice. The dish has a rich, hearty and flavorful taste and it's considered as comfort food in Iran. It's a popular dish that is often served during special occasions and holidays.
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 lb beef or lamb stew meat, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Sadaf Olive Oil
- 4 whole dried Persian limes
- 1 tsp Sadaf Salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground Sadaf Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sadaf Turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/3 cup Sadaf Yellow Split Peas
- 1 cup oil for frying
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of Sadaf Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until they are translucent.
- Add the beef or lamb stew meat and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the dried Persian limes, Sadaf Salt, freshly ground Sadaf Black Pepper, and Sadaf Turmeric. Stir well and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- While the stew is cooking, heat the oil for frying in a large skillet. Fry the potato slices until golden brown and set aside.
- Rinse the Sadaf Yellow Split Peas and add them to the stew. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the peas are tender.
- Taste the stew and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve the stew over steamed white rice, and top with the fried potatoes.
- Enjoy your delicious and hearty Khoresh Gheimeh