Khoresh Fesenjoon is a traditional Persian stew made with pomegranate paste, ground walnuts and meat, usually chicken or duck. It's considered as a rich and flavorful dish that is perfect for special occasions. Here's a recipe for Khoresh Fesenjoon using Sadaf ingredients:
- 1 lb. chicken or duck, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Sadaf Pomegranate Molasses
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Sadaf Grapeseed Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the Sadaf Grapeseed Oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until softened and translucent.
- Add the chicken or duck to the pot and cook until browned on all sides.
- Stir in the Sadaf Pomegranate Molasses, ground walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add enough water to cover the meat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve the Khoresh Fesenjoon hot over steamed rice and garnish with fresh parsley.
Note: You can use Sadaf's Pomegranate concentrate if you can't find Pomegranate Molasses.