Sabzi Polo (Persian Herb Rice) with Sadaf's Sabzi Polo Dried Herb Mix
- 2 cups Sadaf basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup Sadaf Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup Sadaf Sabzi Polo Dried Herb Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Sadaf black pepper
- Rinse the rice in several changes of water until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in cold water for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the rice and stir gently. Return to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
- Drain the rice and set aside.
- In a small pan, heat the Sadaf Grapeseed Oil over low heat. Add the saffron threads and cook until fragrant.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice, saffron oil, Sadaf Sabzi Polo Dried Herb Mix, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Serve Sabzi Polo hot or warm.
Note: Sabzi Polo is a traditional Persian dish that is typically served with meat dishes like lamb or chicken. The use of Sabzi Polo dried herb mix is a quick and easy way to infuse the dish with a combination of traditional herbs such as parsley, cilantro, dill, chives, and mint, giving the rice a fresh and unique flavor. The use of Grapeseed oil and saffron gives it a unique and specific flavor, making it a deliciously fragrant and flavorful dish.