Empanadas with Sour Cherry Filling
These cherry empanadas are a delicious dessert to bring to your next family gathering. The dough is fluffy, crispy, and flakey. But what makes it truly delicious is the Sadaf Foods sour cherry jam filling! Enjoy with coffee or hot chocolate.
Recipe Time: 40 Minutes | Total Serving Size: 12
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Stand Mixer
IngredientsTo Make The Dough
- 3 Cups Flour
- Plus More For Dusting
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Egg For Batter + 1 Egg For Egg Wash
- 1 Stick Butter
- ½ Tablespoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Milk
InstructionsMake the dough
- Add all of the dry ingredients to your mixing bowl.
- Add in egg, butter, and vanilla.
- Start to mix, adding in the milk, little by little.
- Continue to mix in your mixing bowl, until a dough is formed. This can take up 5 -10 minutes of mixing.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal-sized spheres.
- Roll out each sphere to a flat, round shape (like a tortilla).
- Now, add 1-2 tablespoons of Sadaf Foods Organic Sour Cherry Jam.
- Fold the dough over, and pinch the edges of the dough to seal.
- You can use a fork to create designs at the edge of the dough (the seal). Or you can twist it to create your own design.
- Lay the empanadas on a cookie sheet.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Put into the oven and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes!