Authentic Persian Sholehzard with Rose Water and Orange Blossom Water
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- 1/2 cup Sadaf Saffron Rice Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Sadaf Rose Water
- 1/4 cup Sadaf Orange Blossom Water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup Sadaf Grapeseed Oil
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh sieve under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the rinsed rice to the pot, and stir in the saffron rice seasoning.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid, and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- In a small pot, heat the rose water, orange blossom water, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove it from the heat and fluff it with a fork.
- Stir in the hot rose water mixture, slivered almonds, raisins, and chopped pistachios.
- Heat the Sadaf Grapeseed oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, pour it over the rice and stir well to combine.
- Cover the pot and let it sit for about 5 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Serve warm, garnished with additional slivered almonds and chopped pistachios if desired.
Note: You can also add some additional ingredients like saffron threads, cardamom, or cinnamon to enhance the flavor. Sholehzard is a traditional Persian dessert and it's best served with tea or coffee.