Mediterranean Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Ingredients (Serves 4):
For the Salad:
- 1 large bunch arugula, torn into pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Sadaf feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup brine-cured black olives
For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons Sadaf extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Sadaf Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sadaf salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients and mix well. Let it sit for at least one hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Arrange the arugula in a large salad bowl and layer with the remaining salad ingredients.
- The salad can be covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and enjoy!
Note: If you're short on time, you can also mix the ingredients for the dressing together in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake it vigorously.